- What are cloth menstrual pads?
- What absorbencies do you offer?
- What is a “Petite Regular” pad?
- Why do I have to wash them before first use?
- How do I wash them?
- Do they smell?
- Can I use cloth for incontinence?
- How many cloth pads do I need? How often should I change my pad?
- Do they leak?
- Do you make them any bigger?
- Do you take custom orders?
- Are you affiliated with any MLM essential oil companies?
- I sell essential oils, can I contact you for wholesale bags to sell to my customers?
- What sizes do you offer?
- Can you do adult sizes?
- What are thy lined with?
- Can they be worn outdoors?
- Why do the heel casing elastics come untied?
- Do you take custom orders?
CLOTH MENSTRUAL PADS
1. WHAT ARE CLOTH MENSTRUAL PADS?
Cloth menstrual pads are re-usable menstrual pads that are more natural and non-toxic than mainstream disposable menstrual pads. Check out my blog HERE for more information!
2. WHAT ABSORBENCIES DO YOU OFFER?
Great question! Pearly Bird Boutique offers Liner pads to accommodate spotting and a light flow, Regular/Moderate pads to accommodate average and heavy flow, and our Overnight/Post-Partum pads are made to accommodate the heaviest bleeders.
3. WHAT IS A “Petite Regular” Pad?
A petite regular pad is something I offer to accommodate those who may need regular absorbency in a menstrual pad, but do not require a full 10.5 inches in pad length. They are just as absorbent as the 10.5 inch regular/moderate pads.
4. WHY DO I NEED TO WASH MY PADS BEFORE FIRST USE?
It’s highly recommended that you pre-wash your pad before first use for two reasons:
- To open up the fibers and allow the core to become more absorbent.
- Due to the nature of the product, the fabric is not pre-washed to avoid issues with soap or water sensitivities, so pre-washing is recommended as the fabrics will have been handled by anyone before I purchased them.
5. HOW DO I WASH THEM? WHAT IF I DON’T FEEL COMFORTABLE WASHING THEM IN THE MACHINE/DON’T HAVE A WASHER & DRYER?
I get this question a lot! There are actually many ways that work for washing your cloth pads, you just have to decide what’s right for you! For both machine washing AND hand-washing instructions, check out my blog post HERE.
6. DO THEY SMELL?
Funny enough, not really! The reason for this is because cloth pads tend to say fresher than disposable pads. That’s because their fabric breathes, which allows moisture to evaporate. Less moisture means fewer bacteria to produce unwanted smells. If you do notice an odd smell, common bacterial imbalances could be to blame. That’s something to check out with a doctor.
7. CAN I USE CLOTH FOR INCONTINENCE?
Oh my gosh, absolutely! Cloth pads absolutely can be used for light incontinence. People with this issue usually need to wear some kind of protection every day. Cloth pads can be heaven-sent for people who need to wear a pad every day due to their comfort and breathability!
8. HOW MANY CLOTH PADS DO I NEED? HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CHANGE MY PAD?
That can be hard for me to determine, as I don’t know your flow as personally as you do, but generally most pad makers recommend you buy as many as you normally need in disposables. At this point in my experience, a full established stash would ideally consist of:
- 3-6 Liner/Light flow pads
- 8-12 Regular/Moderate flow pads
- 1-3 Overnight flow pads
You should be changing your pad as often as you would normally change your disposable pad. Some customers claim they can go a whole day with a regular flow and ONE regular pad, some say they like to change their pad once every 4-6 hours. It totally depends on your preference!
9. DO THEY LEAK?
Pearly Bird Boutique’s cloth pads are made to be very absorbent. They’re made with wings that snap around the underwear to keep the sides of the underwear dry. We include a breathable waterproof backing in all of our pads called PUL (polyurethane laminate) and have a layer of solid black cotton to prevent slipping in your underwear. Of course, just like disposable pads, you need to change them out before they become totally saturated. After wearing reusable pads for just a short while, you’ll have a good idea of how often you’ll need to change them.
ESSENTIAL OIL BAGS
1. DO YOU MAKE THE BAGS ANY BIGGER?
Unfortunately not at this time, as I think this size is more manageable for me to stock in my shop.
2. DO YOU TAKE CUSTOM ORDERS?
I sure do!! I LOVE doing cutom orders! If there’s anything you are looking for specifically, simply message me through any of the means on my contact page and I’d be more than happy to accommodate what you’re looking for!
3. ARE YOU AFFILIATED WITH ANY MLM ESSENTIAL OIL COMPANIES?
Nope! While I have many personal contacts working for a large variety of different MLM essential oil companies, I am very unbiased in brands. Due to my not very extensive knowledge on essential oils, I may have a guest blogger from time to time to blog about essential oils, and have a policy to keep the blog content unbiased.
4. I SELL ESSENTIAL OILS AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU’D CONSIDER SELLING WHOLESALE?
Aww, thank you so much! At this time, I have a few things on my plate and a few wholesale orders to work on, so unfortunately not at this time, but if you’d like to email me with an idea of what you’re looking for, I could add you to my wait list and get back to you as soon as I can!
STAY ON BOOTIES & SLIPPERS
1. WHAT SIZES DO YOU OFFER?
I offer sizes newborn (0-3 months) to a US Kids size 13.
2. CAN YOU MAKE THEM IN ADULT SIZES?
While I CAN make them adult sizes, I typically don’t offer them that big. The reason for this is because they use A LOT of fabric, making the cost $50CAD+. They’re also not very supportive in terms of orthodics, as they’re made mostly to keep kids and baby feet warm and cozy. If this hasn’t deterred you, feel free to message me about an adult pair. I can make up to a women’s US Size 12.
3. WHAT ARE THEY LINED WITH?
They are lined with lovely, cozy, plush fleece to keep little feet cozy and warm! Additionally, I can line the booties and slippers with flannel fabric to keep them light and airy for the warmer months 🙂
4. CAN THEY BE WORN OUTDOORS?
Unfortunately no, they’re not meant for outdoors, and I’d recommend indoors only.
5. WHY DO THE HEEL ELASTICS ARRIVE UNTIED?
This is a question I don’t often get because it’s the very first thing I point out to my customers! The slippers and booties both have elastic running through the inner heel casing and toe piece, this is what helps keep the slippers on little feet. When you receive your product, you will notice the ends of said elastic will be un-tied and safety pinned together.
Contrary to your first thought, no I didn’t forget to tie them and no I promise I’m not being lazy, haha! The reason for this is because no matter what I’ve done to rectify the issue, the elastics have been reported as “too tight” and “too loose”, which often results in me having to re-send new elastics separately or even take them back to replace the elastics and not tie them anyways.
Babies and children tend to have VERY different widths in their ankles, so this way when you receive the booties and slippers, you can fit the elastic to your child perfectly without worry the elastics aren’t tight enough or are digging in too much.
6. DO YOU TAKE CUSTOM ORDERS?
Oh my gosh, yes!! ABSOLUTELY!!! I LOVE CUSTOMS!!! Please contact me any way you’d like through my contact page and I’d be happy to assist you and make some customs for you!!